I’ve been a little quiet of late and not been able to paint or post much and there’s a good reason. I will shortly have a high street gallery in Wokingham town centre and am currently fitting it out. This is a very large project as we rented a shell of a retail unit on a long term lease. Everything needs doing, but at least that way we get to do it right – Exactly the way we want it.
It will certainly be a gallery with a difference and will be extremely high end with an amazing lighting system. I didn’t study electrical and electronic engineering and manage an engineering company for nothing!
Follow the Gallery Page on Facebook and Instagram to see the progress. We are currently around 50% complete:
The gallery will offer the following products:
- Original fine art
- Ltd edition and hand embellished prints
- Artist’s prints
The the following services for artists, photographers and art lovers:
- High resolution scanning of originals up to 2,000 dpi and over 2m in length
- Publishing and printing at all sizes on all media up to 44″ x 12′
- Printing on metal
- Canvas stretching
- Vacuum hot press mounting of artwork on board and laminating up to A1 size
- Gallery use for talks, presentations, unveilings and exhibitions, with a kitchen, WC, projection system, sound system, seating and tables for 12 participants
- Participation in exhibitions and fairs in Berkshire, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, London and Surrey
We will hold regular art related events and classes in the evenings.
Community engagement and increased charitable events are also planned.
So my website will shortly start to change a little to reflect that of a Gallery, as we will represent a number of other artists and offer their artwork for sale in addition to my own. This will take a while but we will get there.